Ι was always wondering… Besides choosing the perfect wedding gown, a beautiful hair-style, some complimenting accessories and the right make-up, what else can a bride do to look vibrant on her wedding day?
The extremely talented and always radiant make-up artist Elissavet Fotou answered my question:
“Every bride deserves to look as beautiful as ever on her wedding day. Usually we think of everything else and neglect to take care of our skin.
This is what you need to do to get vibrant skin that will highlight your look:
- First things first: make an appointment with your dermatologist or your aesthetician early enough to start a skin hydration therapy.
- Besides your face, do not forget that you need to keep your lips and the rest of your body hydrated too. Start using your favourite lip balm as well as a body cream of your choice on a daily basis.
- If you are holding a summer wedding, especially on a greek island, make sure to get a light and healthy sun tan to compliment your wedding dress.
- Avoid using skin products for the first time before your wedding day.
- Vitamin E. The stars’ beauty secret that you can find in any drug store or pharmacy. Apply gently on your face before going to bed and next day your skin will look more vibrant than ever!
- Do not go extravagant with your make-up. Choose matching colours that represent you. The keys to a fresh and young makeup are nicely shaped eye-brows, light blush and powder, and juicy lips.
- Do not be afraid to play with pigment eye shadows that will make your eyes glow and take your look to the next level.
- Last but not least, stay away from strict contouring and extreme glitters for an always chic and stylish result.”
Well I already started using vitamin E before bed! Thank you dear Elissavet!